-The CH7486E Wireless Gateway combines high-speed Internet access,
networking, and computer security for a home or small-office LAN. It offers the
- Combination of five separate products in one compact unit — an EURO
DOCSIS® 3.0 cable modem, IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless access point,
Ethernet 10/100/1000 Base-T connections, VoIP Internet telephone
connections, and firewall.
- An integrated high-speed cable modem for continuous broadband access
to the Internet and other online services with much faster data transfer than
traditional dial-up or ISDN modems.
- Advanced firewall for enhanced network security from undesired attacks
over the Internet. It supports stateful-inspection, intrusion detection, DMZ,
denial-of-service attack prevention, and Network Address Translation (NAT).
- One broadband connection for up to 253 computers to surf the web; all
computers on the LAN communicate as if they were connected to the same
- Two 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet uplink ports supporting half- or full-duplex
connections with auto-MDIX capability.
- An IEEE 802.11n/ac wireless access point to enable laptop users to remain
connected while moving around the home or small office or to connect
desktop computers without installing network wiring. Depending on distance,
wireless connection speeds can vary.
- CH7486E wireless function supports Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G dual-band mode.
- A secure Wireless Fidelity (Wi-Fi) broadband connection for Wi-Fi enabled
devices on your network, such as your mobile, laptops, tablet, printers, PDAs,
- Routing for a wireless LAN (WLAN) or a wired Ethernet LAN; you can connect
more than two computers using hubs and/or switches
- A built-in DHCP server to easily configure a combined wired and/or wireless
Class C private LAN.
- Virtual private network (VPN) pass-through operation supporting IPSec, PPTP,
or L2TP to securely connect remote computers over the Internet.
- CH7486E Configuration Manager (CMGR) which provides a graphical user
interface (GUI) for easy configuration of necessary wireless, Ethernet, router,
DHCP, and security settings.
CH7486E LAN Choices
-You can connect up to 253 client computers to the CH7486E using one or any
combination of the following network connections:
- Wi-Fi wireless LAN (WLAN)
- Wi-Fi wireless LAN (WLAN)
Wireless communication occurs over radio waves rather than a wire. Like a cordless telephone, a WLAN uses radio signals instead of wires to exchange data.A wireless network eliminates the need for expensive and intrusive wiring to connect computers throughout the home or office. Mobile users can remain connected to the network even when carrying their laptop to different locations in the home or office.
Each computer or other device on a WLAN must be Wi-Fi enabled with either a built-in or external wireless adapter.
Laptops — Use a built-in wireless notebook adapter, a wireless PCMCIA slot adapter, or a wireless USB adapter.
Desktops — Use a wireless PCI adapter, wireless USB adapter, or compatible
product in the PCI slot or USB port, respectively.