The CH7466CE WLAN gateway combines high-speed internet access, network and computer security for a home or small office LAN. It offers the following features:
- Combination of five separate products in one compact device – a EURO DOCIS 3.0 cable modem, IEEE 802.11b / g / n WLAN access, Ethernet 10/100/1000 Baste-T connections, VoIP Internet telephone connection and a firewall.
- An internal high-speed cable modem, for permanent broadband access to the Internet and other online services, with much faster data transmission than conventional dial-up or ISDN modems.
- A powerful firewall protects against unwanted attacks via the Internet for better network security. Supports statful inspection, intrusion detection, DMZ, Network Address Translation (NAT) and protection against Denial-of-Service (DoS) attacks.
- All computers on the LAN communicate as if all devices were connected to the same physical network.
- Four 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet uplink ports supporting half or full duplex connections with Auto-MDIX capability.
- IEEE 802.11a /b/g/n/ac wireless access so that non-wired users stay connected even when moving rooms at home or in the small office.
The WiFi speed can vary depending on the distance.
- CH7466 WLAN function supports Wi-Fi 2.4G / 5G dual-band mode.
- Secure WiFi broadband connection for WiFi-enabled devices in the network, e.g. mobile phones, laptops, printers, PDAs and desktop PCs.
- Routing for wireless WLAN or wired Ethernet LAN connection; You could use more than four computers over Ethernet LAN using hubs or switches.
- An integrated DHCP server to easily configure a wired or wireless private Class C LAN.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) pass-through operation with support for IPSec, PPTP, or L2TP, to connect remote computers securely to one another via the Internet
- CH7466CE Configuration Manager (CMGR), which offers a graphical user interface (GUI) for easy configuration of the necessary WLAN, Ethernet, router, DHCP and security settings.
CH7466 LAN options
You can connect up to 253 client computers to the CH7466 using one or a combination of the following network connections:
- Wireless LAN (WLAN)
- Ethernet Local Area Network (LAN)
Wireless LAN (WLAN)
Wireless communication takes place via radio waves, instead of being connected to cables. Like a cordless phone, a WLAN uses radio signals instead of cables to exchange data. A wireless network eliminates the need for expensive and disruptive cabling to connect computers throughout the home or office. Mobile users can stay connected to the network, even if, for example, the laptop is used in different rooms at home or in the office. The WLAN adapter must be activated in every computer with an external / internal wireless adapter or other WLAN-enabled device.
Laptops – Use an internal WLAN notebook adapter, a PCMCIA WLAN adapter or a WLAN USB adapter.
Desktops – Use a WLAN PCI adapter, a WLAN USB stick or a compatible product on the PCI slot or USB port.